Engineers & Testing
IS 465 register (Concrete Blocks and Mica)
I.S. 465:2018 includes the standardised protocol for determining whether a building has been damaged by concrete blocks containing certain excessive amounts of deleterious materials (such as mica). The standard can be downloaded from the National Standards Authority of Ireland’s website here.
- Sampling, examining and testing cores in accordance with EN 12504 – 1 : 2019
- Chemical Analysis (Total Sulfur Content, Acid Soluble Sulfates, Water-Soluble Sulfates, Oxidisable Sulphides) to EN 1744-1:2009+A1:2012
- Simplified Petrographic Analysis
- Detailed Petrographic Analysis (Thin Sections)
- XRD Analysis
- SEM image/EDX phase mapping
- Cement Content
We provide a professional and reliable service. Our company has been trading in the construction industry for over 30 years. We have vast experience and knowledge at all levels of concrete cutting, using modern technology and the best drilling equipment on the market. We are fully compliant with NSAI I.S. 465:2018 and carry out procedures in strict accordance with the appointed engineer. We are fully certified and insured, VAT registered and NEBOSH certified.